Survey of SafeArt Healing Arts Tools, i.e. PLAY!
Mindfulness and Centering is a category unto itself, which draws from these basic disciplines.
We have a treasure chest of icebreakers and introductory explorations that are also a blending of media. None of them require advanced skills and all are adaptable to a diversity of ages and abilities.
We will play in this course, trying out many of SafeArt’s tools and then creating some new ones. One course requirement will be the design and group facilitation of your own Mini-lesson in any media you choose.
Instructor: Yasmeen Hossain, Tracy Penfield and guests
Focus Participants: Anyone who has completed SITE Course 1
- Trauma-informed Education: Soma and Psyche (core course for certificate program)
- Engaging Somatic Intelligence in the Classroom (elective)
- Courage to Self-Care (core course)
- Applied Healing Arts – feeding the creative spirit within (elective)
- Survey of SafeArt Healing Arts Tools, i.e. PLAY! (core course)
- Examining Socio-Cultural, Socio-Political and Systemic Trauma (elective)